Social Icons

Friday, January 4, 2013

My Top 12 Beauty Products of 2012


Hey guys!

How was your holidays? 
For today's post I would like to share with you the beauty products that I have discovered and loved for the past year. 2012 was the year that I really got into makeup and tried quite a few products so here are the ones that immediately popped into my head when I thought of my top products.



Face Products

1) Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure Oil-Free Skin Smoothing Face Primer For Sensitive Skin - This face primer is great at making my foundation last longer and control the shine that my oily skin produces. Another great thing about this primer is that it is formulated for sensitive skin that doesn't clog pores and cause breakouts. Full review here

2) Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation - I love this foundation because it provides full coverage that hides away the imperfections of my skin and doesn't clog my pores. Full review here

3) ELF Translucent Mattifying Powder - This has been a staple in my make up bag for the past year as the packaging is sleek and compact which is very handy. This powder is great for touch ups during the day and helps keep oil at bay. 

4) Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso - I just love the luminous glow that this peachy blush provides to my cheeks, which I think suits my skin tone well. Full review here and swatch here

5) Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray - Since it's winter right now I don't use this setting spray as much but this product was well loved last summer. This spray is great for making my make up last longer before oxidizing. I only have the mini bottle but will definitely purchase the full size once this run out.


Eye Products

6) Too Faced Shadow Insurance - This is an amazing eyelid primer that not only helps make eyeshadow colours be more vibrant it also make them last for long hours without creasing and fading.

7) Urban Decay Naked Palette - I highly recommend this palette for neutral shadow lovers as it has 12 varied shades that can help you create numerous looks. This is a much hyped palette which is rightfully so for how versatile it is. Full review and swatches here

8) Benefit Bad Gal Lash - I love this mascara as this is the only one that I tried so far that holds my curled lashes for long hours. This mascara also helps lengthen and separate my lashes. Full review here


Lip Products
9) Lip Medex Blistex - This is an amazing balm that helps heal dry, cracked and chapped lips. This has a cooling effect on the lips which gives a comforting feeling.

10) MAC Lipstick in Craving - This is my 'lips but better' lipstick that I use almost everyday because it's a shade that's work appropriate and very unassuming. I'm quite surprised that I haven't posted about this lipstick in this blog yet.

11) MAC Lipstick in Impassioned - I have a knack for bright, bold lipsticks as I feel that they liven up my face and they are great spirit boosters. hehe. MAC Impassioned is an amazing 'going out' shade that can be an alternative for the basic red. Full review and swatch here


Nail Product
12) OPI Natural Nail Strengthener - I have been painting my nails more frequently since the past year so I started to take better care of them and added this strengthener to my stash. The OPI Natural Nail Strengthener helped my nails grow long without breaking.

Which products topped your lists for the past year?

14 comments:

  1. Yay! The Too Faced Shadow Insurance is on my list as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's an amazing eye primer!

      Delete
  2. I don't know know what I would do without my Naked pallet..
    It's seriously my favourite thing in the world.
    I'm going to have to try the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet.. I use the HD right now and I love it..

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried MUFE HD yet but I'm in love with Velvet +!

      Delete
  3. I just recently got the Naked palette for Xmas and I am so excited to play around with it. I love the packaging of this. I also have the elf item but haven't used it yet but will have to try it out now.

    Love these kinds of posts thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I hope you enjoy your Naked palette as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  4. I love Too Faced Shadow Insurance and MAC Impassioned too! I really want to try that Milani blush :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try Milani's baked blushes! They're amazing!

      Delete
  5. Seriously, UD really made a name for themselves with this Naked Palette. They have created a product that I'm sure my own daughter will be buying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Even after all the other neutral shadow palettes that came out after the Naked Palette, a lot of people still consider it their Holy Grail! :)

      Delete
  6. Naked palette made my 2012 favorites too! I also love ELF Translucent Powder as well. Such good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your top products! Definitely can't go wrong with the Naked palette! I keep hearing so many good things about the Too Faced primer! I have a sample of it that I can't wait to use! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try the Too Faced primer! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...