Social Icons

Friday, January 11, 2013

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose Review, Photos, Swatches and Comparison





Hey guys!

For today's post, I would like to share with you one of MAC's most hyped up cheek products, the Mineralize SkinFinish in Stereo Rose. Read on to read my thoughts






Company Description: A luxurious velvet-soft powder with hight-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.


Swatches
 under natural light no flash

under natural light with flash

My Thoughts: A MAC Mineralize Skinfinish is a multi-use face product that can be worn as a powder, highlighter, blusher, and bronzer depending on its shade. When I first started getting into makeup, I read numerous beauty blogs and Stereo Rose would come up a lot as a highly coveted product as it was quite unique when it first came out. Stereo Rose is officially described as "coral with golden/bronze shimmering nuances." What makes this unique is it's a coral that has subtle pink undertones with golden shimmer. Since this product is baked, the appearance from one pan to another can differ from each other. I have seen pictures of Stereo Rose online and saw that some pans have a lot of golden veins while some have none at all so the picky ones have to purchase in person on which they would like to have. I ordered mine from the MAC website, so I wasn't able to choose but I'm really glad that I receive a pan that has barely any golden veins. The one I received is finely milled, soft, highly pigmented and not powdery at all. I was a little apprehensive that because of the nature of this blush, that it will emphasize pores and fortunately it doesn't! This is however, a high-frost for the cheeks, which I welcome since I am quite lazy with applying highlighter. Stereo Rose lasted about 6 hours on my cheeks then some fading was noticed. If you ask me if this MSF is worth the hype? Maybe back when it was first released, but today, not so much. It's nice to have but not an essential.

I couldn't stop thinking of my Milani Baked Blush in Rose D'Oro while I writing this post so I had to do comparisons for the two products. If you look at the pans, they both look very much alike, Rose D'Oro has some gold veins while Stereo Rose has barely any. The swatches on the left for Rose D'Oro is more coral and more shimmery while Stereo Rose is more pink and frosted but both look very similar on my cheeks.


under natural light without flash 


under natural light with flash

Price: $34.00 CAD
Place to buy: MAC Cosmetics




12 comments:

  1. i dont own a MAC blush but this color looks gorgeous. especially in the pic with the flash - quite a bit of shimmer but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its quite shimmery but still a gorgeous shade :)

      Delete
  2. There is a reason why this is such a classic! I'm sure I have similar shades, but it's adorable and universally-flattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think this blush/highlighter will suit most skin tones!

      Delete
  3. I love the first blush! the sweet peachy pink colour is quite natural :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out your blog! thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. I always think this looks so pretty in the pan & on other people but I know it would make me look super sunburned haha

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can still use this as a blush, just with a very light hand though! :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh looks lovely! I haven't tried any mineralize products yet...I'm tempted to try the Milani ones :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Milani baked blushes are nice alternatives to MAC MSFs! :)

      Delete
  6. I love your blog! You're witty and smart and it's fun to read your thoughts :) I'm also from Canada (Vancouver) and share most people's views about our expensive and limited cosmetics... Hahah, anyway keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so nice of you, I'm glad you like my writing :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...