Social Icons

Monday, December 10, 2012

NYX Champagne and Caviar Palette Review and Swatches


The NYX Champagne and Caviar Palette is one of the first ones I have bought when I first started getting into make up. I purchased this from Cherry Culture site at the start of the year when they had one of their 40% sales as the brand is not readily available in Canada. This palette is part of NYX's Runway Collection that includes 10 everyday neutral eye shadow shades. Even though I have purchased this a while back, it's only now that I have had a chance to play with the palette and have been enjoying it so far.




Company Description: (of the whole collection, not just the palette): Craving purple peepers? New takes on neutral? Or shades handpicked to flatter your eye color? You asked - and we delivered. After so many NYX fans requested an eye palette containing 10 eye shadows, we designed this version. Look no further than these scintillating eye shadow palettes inspired by runway trends and modern style. Available in 16 different color combinations, and sleek enough to fit into a clutch, you'll likely want more than one. The shades are wearable, covetable and fashionable. Expect rich, lasting pigments and glamour.





My thoughts: One of the things I like is the packaging for this palette. The 10 shadows are housed in a simple yet sleek compact with a full sized mirror and a dual-ended sponge tip applicator. This palette traveled well when I went on my vacation and I had no problems with breakage. The palette has an array of neutral shades with a variety of finishes that give dimension to the looks created using it.  The shadows included in this palette are soft, blend-able, easy to apply but a little powdery. Also, the pigmentation is not the greatest, about "medium" pigmentation. The swatches I have below had to have eyeshadow primer underneath as the swatches I took without primer did not appear well when photographed. The palette can be used to create everyday, work appropriate looks but can also be used for night, going out looks. 

Here are the shades 
1) Peachy champagne with a frosty finish
2) Light taupe with a satin finish
3) Medium rose brown with a matte finish
4) Golden champagne with a frosty finish
5) Plum-my taupe with a shimmer finish



under natural light

under artificial light

6) Stark white with a matte finish
7) Medium toned golden taupe with a shimmer finish
8) Dark brown with a matte finish
9) Light pink with a pearl finish
10) Black with a matte finish


under natural light

under artificial light

Overall: I would recommend this palette to beginners as it has a nice variety of classic neutral shades with different finishes but not to someone who already has a collection of neutral eyeshadows as the ones included here are not unique can be easily duplicated.

Price: $10.00 USD 
Place to buy: Ulta, Cherry Culture

12 comments:

  1. I think the pigmentation looks better than other NYX palettes I tried. I've been wanting this palette for awhile I may pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really pretty palette! Keep in mind though that the swatches have primer underneath :)

      Delete
  2. They're certainly some gorgeous colours! I don't think you can have enough neutral palettes!

    thoughtsfromanothergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Me too! A girl can never have too many neutrals!

      Delete
  3. oh pretty! and i have to say that the swatches look really good over the primer... that pink especially looks gorgeous!
    good to know that Cherry Culture does have a 40% sale! i am waiting for that one then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can sign up for their newsletter so you will know when their sales are! :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh! I've been wanting this palette...but I never get it lol. It's such a great price for the colors they give!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great choice for neutrals, you should check it out for yourself :)

      Delete
  5. Very impressive pigmentation! FYI, NYX is readily available in Vancouver at London Drugs, Price Smart and Save On Foods :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky you have 3 stores that sell NYX as we don't have any of the ones you mentioned here in Ontario. Rexall Pharmacy sell NYX at some of their locations but they have very few selections and the prices are jacked up! :(

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous colors! I almost got a bunch of NYX yesterday from Cherry Culture but then didn't order anything when I saw I had to pay $10 for shipping, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Cherry Culture also does free shipping specials at times, if I'm not mistaken.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...