Social Icons

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Holiday Red Lips with CoverGirl Hot Passion Lip Perfection Review and Swatches



Hey guys!

I'm so excited that it's December already because that means more chances for me to wear one of my favourite looks and that is a red lip. I know this lip look can be worn throughout the year but there is something about the Holidays that makes me rock out this look more. And in lieu, I purchased the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Hot Passion as I've heard great things about this lipstick. Let's check it out!





Company Description: Beautiful, Rich Colour. Silk moisturizing complex provides smooth gorgeous colour and sustained levels of moisture.



My Thoughts: Hot Passion is a bright cherry red with blue undertones. This shade is the first lipstick I tried from the CoverGirl Lip Perfection line and it will definitely not be my last. I love how intensely pigmented and opaque this shade is with even just one layer and the colour applied evenly. The texture is quite creamy, smooth and glided easily on my lips during application. The best thing about this lipstick is it's quite moisturizing! I always feel the need to apply lip balm before wearing my lipsticks but I didn't feel the need to do so with this one. The lasting power for this lipstick is pretty good too, I wore this for about 5 hours before needing re-application. But I have to note that this shade tends to leave a stain after removal.

Here is an arm and lip swatch



Overall: This is a great lipstick as it is highly pigmented, moisturizing, and has great lasting power. The CoverGirl Lip Perfection line of lipsticks also has a wide variety of shades and finishes so you'll surely find a colour that would suit you.

Price: $6.99 - $8.99 CAD
Place to buy: Drugstores

12 comments:

  1. The Cover Girl lipsticks are really nice. I have a few nude ones. That color is a great red. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this one that I have is great so I think I'll try more from this line :)

      Delete
  2. Just bought this lip colour.. just because Taylor Swift has been wearing it.. and I love it. It stays on your lips forever.. and yes I do agree it does stain a little.

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. This being Taylor Swift's signature lipstick is also one of the reasons why I bought this! :)

      Delete
  3. I will have to give that a go !
    I also tagged you... give it a go :)
    http://marissaaleigh.blogspot.com/2012/12/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous red!! It looks great on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicely reviewed. looks great on you.
    http://glamagem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...