Social Icons

Monday, December 24, 2012

December 2012's Topbox



Hey guys!

First of all, I want to say Merry Christmas to all of you and hope that your celebration would be fun, memorable and full of love!

Today I would like to share with you the products I've received for this month's Topbox. For those who are not aware, Topbox is a Canadian monthly beauty subscription service that provides 4 - 5 deluxe samples from high end brands. Like my first box in October, I've experienced shipping mishap with my box this month arriving more than a week late from expected delivery. Because of the shipping mishap and negative reviews I've seen in some blogs, my excitement for this month's box died down. What products did I receive this month? Let's found out!



1) Chloe' Eau de Parfum - (5ml) (Full size - 50ml/$90) "Chloe's signature scent captures the creative, confident individuality of the Chloe' woman" I've said it before that I'm not really a perfume wearer and the scent of this perfume is quite strong for me so I'll give this to my mom who loves to collect perfumes. 









2) Ferro Cosmetics Radiance Illuminating Mineral Foundation in Lt. Medium Beige - (Full size - $24.00) "A brand founded by Celebrity Makeup Artist Krissy Ferro, that makes 100% natural mineral makeup" I actually have not tried any mineral foundation before because I'm really picky with the foundations I wear. I would definitely try this out but I doubt that I'll like it.



3) Goldwell Hot Form Spray - (30ml) (Full size - 150ml/$20.95) "Strengthening styling lotion for lasting shape and smoothness" I know some bloggers do not like receiving hair products and I'm behind that when it comes to shampoo and conditioner sample. But I'm pleased that I received a heat styling protectant because I just started using this kind of product. I recently had to chop 5 inches off my hair because of heat damage and it had split ends so a heat styling spray would be a great addition to my stash.



4) Kellett Skincare - (2 x 3ml) (Full size 50ml/$90) "Developed by Dr. Lisa Kellett, one of Canada's top dermatologists. Combines technologically advanced peptides" I had mixed feelings about this sample product when I received it. I was glad that I received the sample because I have acne prone skin  and I'm hoping that this product would be helpful for my skin. At the same time, I'm hoping that I will not like this product because the price for the full size is really expensive.



Overall: I'm quite disappointed with the products I received this month as I'm only going to use 2 out of the 4 ones inside. I thought I'll get excited with the box's contents because of the festive wrapping of the package itself and expected a little more since it's the holiday edition.

What products did you receive this month?

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!
    Aw sorry to hear this was a bit of a let down. Hopefully he 2 that you will use are ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Traci! I hope they'll work out for me :)

      Delete
  2. I know, December's Box was such a letdown...I really hope they get better because Topbox really was one of the better beauty boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping that I'll like the next few boxes! I've only been subscribe for 3 months but I'm already giving this box an ultimatum, if I don't like the next 3 boxes I'll cancel my subscription :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...