Social Icons

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Review and Swatches Part 2 - Reds

Hey guys!

Here is part 2 of my review and swatches for the Revlon Lip Butters and I have the 'reds' for you today.  A lip butter is a hybrid of lip balm and pigmented lip colour and Revlon makes a wonderful collection of them. For this post, I have the shades Candy Apple and Cherry Tart. To read part one, click here.


Candy Apple - is a bright coral red shade that can be sheered out for a wearable red but quite intense when layered on the lips. This is one of the shades in the collection that has no glitter or shimmer and only glossy finish. 


Here is an arm and lip swatch



Cherry Tart - is a warm cherry red with micro glitter that brightens the face. I'm not really a fan of glitter on my lips so I have only worn this a couple of times but this is still a pretty colour nonetheless. 





Overall: The Revlon Lip Butters are excellent combination of lip balms and lipsticks which are not drying but not that moisturizing either. They are lightweight, creamy, have excellent pigmentation and have great variety of shades. On me, they were for about 2.5 - 3 hours before needing re-application.

Have you tried the Revlon Lip Butters? What's your favourite shade?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Yeah :) I do like essie for their color selection as well. mmm lip butters, the swatch looks good on you too!

    grace
    www.ohuihui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for swatching!! I had my eye on candy apple for awhile now, I definitely want to get it now! Warm red tones look better one me :) Please check out my new giveaway!

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should try it, I bet it'll look great on you! I'll def check it out :)

      Delete
  3. Hi nice colours,but the first one its my favorite.
    I follow you now,if you can follow me back i will be glad.
    Let me know!

    alinefashionmoda.com

    Kisses from germany ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like Candy Apple more too! Thanks, I will :)

      Delete
  4. They're adorable on you! I have tried the Lip Butters, but I accidentally chose two shades with glitter and I dislike them for that! I keep seeing rave reviews and great swatches left and right though, so maybe at some point I'll pick a new one up to see how it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny! if you tried any other shades let me know how you like them :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh these look great on you! I have a few lip butters, but I think my favorite is Creme Brulee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci! I bet Creme Brulee looks pretty on you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...