Social Icons

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holy Grail Status: Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + Foundation Review and Swatches


Hey guys!

Today, I would like to share with you one of my make up essentials that I don't think I could live without, a full coverage foundation. Since I have acne-prone skin there are certain qualities that I specifically look for and found in this foundation. Let's check out the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + Foundation! 

Company Description: A shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation. It conceals skin imperfections, evens out the complexion and mattifies with a powder finish.  This new oil-free, non comedogenic formula is suited to sensitive skin.





My thoughts: As it says on the title of the post, this is my holy grail foundation. I have been using this foundation on a daily basis for about 6 months now and have been very satisfied with it. I came along this foundation when I returned another full coverage one which is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation which made me break out quite badly. I was browsing through the brands in Sephora and remembered that a lot of people raved about MUFE HD foundation and I was going to pick that up but this foundation caught my eye and decided to purchase this instead. It comes in an opaque, matte plastic squeeze tube with a black cap and small sprout where you can control the amount of foundation you want to use. With the Mat Velvet +, I get everything I wish for from a foundation; it has full coverage that evens my skin tone but still feels lightweight, keeps my skin matte for long hours and yet it doesn't clog my pores. I brought this foundation when I was in Mexico where the weather is dry and humid and I've got to say that this foundation still performed well. I have paired this foundation with my Benefit POREfessional Pro Balm and noticed my face being oily after about 6 hours. I also swam in the pool and the ocean while wearing the combo and my foundation didn't fade. 

Here are some swatches


Overall: I have a few foundations in my rotation but I always go back to this on days that I want a fool proof face and would recommend this to someone who likes a matte and shine free face for long hours. This is also great for sensitive skin and does not clog pores.

Price: $40.00 CAD
Place to buy: Sephora

What is your Holy Grail foundation?

6 comments:

  1. I love makeup forever foundations.. but I haven't tried this one yet.. I'm going to have to check it out!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog.. now following you.. will you follow back?

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you def have to check this out! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow this sounds amazing! If it keeps you shine-free for 6 hours and resists even a swim in the sea, it's definitely something I'd love to look into! I've heard great things about MUFE foundations. It's just that they have several and I haven't buckled down to do enough research yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yeah, they have quite a few foundations but if you do try any of them I hope they work our for you as well :)

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite foundations :) I like to use this for special occasions hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love this foundation, its great that you like this too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...