Social Icons

Monday, November 19, 2012

All About Lip Balms


As a self-confessed lipstick addict, a moisturizing lip balm is essential in my make up collection. I have tried a few lip balms over the years and here are my opinion/mini review for each of them.




The Good
Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - Soothing, cooling, a little minty and handy. Burt's Bees is sold everywhere, available in a variety of tints, shades and flavours. 



Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm - Moisturizing, glossy, tacky, although a little pricey for a lip balm. This balm provides just a hint of flavour which I like, too bad it no longer has SPF in it.



The Body Shop Merry Cranberry Lip Balm - An oldie but a goodie! I've had this balm for over 2 years and have used several pots since I was in high school. Moisturizing, smells and tastes yummy (I sometimes lick my lips while wearing this). Comes in a variety of flavours.


The Not So Good
EOS SPF 15 Lip Balm - Definitely not worth the hype in my book. I've had this for over a year now and have only worn it for about a week. Not moisturizing at all and the rounded top can be uneasy to apply. The packaging is adorable though and the ingredients for this balm are organic.



Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 - I received these deluxe samples as a birthday gift from Sephora with being a Beauty Insider. My lips did not like this lip treatment at all! The first time I've used the original one, I felt that my lips became drier than normal and after wearing it overnight, my lips swelled like crazy! And because of that, I'm now hesitant to try the Rose Tinted one. The $26.00 cost for the full size is not worth it in my opinion. I love the screw lid packaging though.



The Must Have
Lip Medex Blistex - Inexpensive, Heals cracked lips, super moisturizing, and cooling. The pot container is not the most hygienic but I can deal with that and I still love this lip balm. This totally saved my dry, chapped lips and made it smooth and hydrated. I also recommended this to a lot of people and they have loved this lip balm as well.



Have you tried any of the products mentioned above? Which lip balm is your favourite?

8 comments:

  1. I like the Burt's Bees a lot. I feel the EOS lip balms are good, but just okay. I'm glad I didn't end up getting the Fresh sugar ones. I almost got them at Sephora but they were so expensive that I decided not to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, the Fresh lip treatments are so pricey!

      Delete
  2. I'm probably the only person who doesn't like Burts bees. The menthol burns my skin. I like softlips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, too bad! The minty feeling is one of the things I like about a lip balm. I've heard some great things about softlips, I hope I can try it soon.

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love the cooling effect of burts bees :) aw I haven't tried the Sugar Lip Treatment yet...sucks that it's not very moisturizing. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci! Burts Bees is one of my faves!

      Delete
  4. I love the sugar by fresh and EOS lip balm! I have the small collection of sugar by fresh. Unfortunately burt's bees and blistex i cant even touch because im allergic to them :(

    My favorite would have to be the sugar by fresh

    5ftandpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is different for everyone! I'm glad that Fresh worked out for you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...